Selling a home?
It pays to work with a REALTOR® and we at Slate Real Estate are here to provide our expertise at selling your home. Only a real estate professional who belongs to the National Association of REALTORS® may call himself or herself a REALTOR®. A REALTOR® is bound by a strict Code of Ethics and is required to provide fair treatment to all parties involved in the transaction.
Here are some ways we can help you sell your home.
- A REALTOR® knows the market and gives your property maximum exposure through the NTREIS Multiple Listing Service.
- A REALTOR® qualifies prospective buyers as to what they can afford.
- A REALTOR® understands current real estate values and can help you set a realistic, competitive price for your home.
- A REALTOR® is familiar with the local mortgage market and can help you decide if seller-financing might expedite your sale.
- A REALTOR® calculates the net proceeds you can expect from the sale of your home, taking into account your outstanding loan balance, closing costs and possible owner financing.
- A REALTOR® frees you from the problems associated with showing your home such as phone inquiries, showings, and negotiation of the contract.
- A REALTOR® maintains objectivity in presenting offers and counter-offers.
- A REALTOR® prepares you for closing procedures.
If you’re planning to sell your home, it’s probably crossed your mind to try to sell it yourself and save the sales commission. But, there are some very good reasons why that would be a mistake. According to housing industry experts at HomeGain.com and Realtor.org, more homes listed by real estate agents are sold than homes marketed by owners, and they sell more quickly and for more money. Homes listed by real estate professionals get more exposure and their sellers get more support. Real estate professionals offer many advantages:
- They’re trained and licensed professionals.
- They have experience in your neighborhood and your market.
- They have oversight from brokers and state licensing officials.
- Their job is to advise you the best way to reach your goals.
- Their continuing education keeps them up-to-date on housing issues.
- They know how to present your home and deal with buyers.
- They know how and where to market properties.
- They know how to overcome typical snags that occur in all real estate transactions and closings.
- They understand state-required disclosures and look out for your best interests.
- They understand personal safety and security for your belongings during showings.
- They know the best resources to make transactions go more smoothly, from bankers to homestagers to contractors.
- They have the most accurate data sources – the MLS, the only data repository that has the most up-to-date listing and sales information.
- They know how to negotiate.
- Their job is making real estate transactions successful. When you market your own home, you have to make the time to do all the jobs a real estate professional would do, and you’ll be competing against other sellers who have real estate professionals by their sides. If you can’t leave work to show your home, or you feel it requires more knowledge and experience than you have, you can’t go wrong by hiring a well-respected real estate professional.
Call Slate Real Estate at (817) 220-2700 or email Lisa Burkhalter at email@example.com for a free Comparative Market Analysis of your home.